Bright happy colors. Intricate hand-stitching. Unique, one of a kind. Re-purposed fabric. Each Kantha (KAHN-taa) is a one of a kind creation. They add a luxurious touch to any home or cottage.
Kanthas originate from Bangladesh and Eastern states of India, where women stitch together layer upon layer of old saris and tossed-aside fabric scraps. Kanthas have a variety of very functional uses:
- Dress up accent pieces of furniture.
- As a tablecloth or picnic cover.
- Draped over a sofa or lounge.
- As a personal wrap over your shoulders.
- A splash of color as a layering piece at the foot of your bed.
Your purchase of a Kantha provides needed income for women in third world areas and gives new purpose to the beauty of these fabric scraps. Also shop our collection of Kantha pillows and pouches.